Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ch ... ch ... ch ... changes

We conducted an experiment. We put vinegar in a plastic bottle, and baking soda in a balloon. When we put the balloon on the bottle, the baking soda fell in and mixed with the vinegar. Magic! There was a chemical reaction.  It frothed and blew the balloon up!



We were a bit worried it might blow up! Some of us were checking the exit. As Ms Jones was taking the photos we didn't get a picture of her getting sprayed with the vinegar mixture when she took the balloon off the bottle. The children really liked that part.













4 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing room5 I wish i could do that. When my class did the balloon trick I was sick.

    by Johnthan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 5, I like your experiment, it is cool. I like when the balloon inflated. I hope you have a good day by Mohamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys this is an amazing experiment I am so jealous that you got to do it but I didn't!
    Great work!
    From Madisen rm 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing experiment that I might try at home.
    From Phillip rm 8.

    ReplyDelete